Hi friends! Welcome to my first blog post!
I have been thinking about starting a blog for quite some time, and have finally decided to jump right in and just go for it. Yay! I'm super excited, (and also a teensy bit nervous), and can't wait to share some awesome things with you all! I hope that you will join me in this adventure and bear with me as I figure everything out. Keep your eyes out for DIY projects, design inspiration, free downloads (like the ones below!), updates and lots of other fun stuff!
I've recently started interning for Your Jubilee, a Scottsdale, AZ based wedding and event planning company. And guys, I am SO excited! With Valentine's Day coming up, I put together a little DIY and free download for their blog that I thought I would share with you all today. To see the full post I wrote for them, visit their blog!
HAND LETTERED FLORAL WRAP // XOXO
Need a Valentines Day gift for that one BFF that loves florals? This hand lettered floral wrap can dress up a store bought, (or even hand-picked) bouquet. Download the free, printable wrap template below and follow the instructions for some lovely, floral goodness!
Heres what you'll need:
Downloadable Hand Lettered Floral Wrap Print
Ribbon or Trim (optional)
1. Purchase some fresh florals from your local flower shop or hand-pick some wild beauties from your garden. I used these bougainvillea freshly cut from the garden around my apartment complex. Totally gorgeous right?!
2. Download the wrap template above and print it out (either at home or at
a local print shop, like Staples). I printed mine on my home printer with card stock. If you're not a fan of the white border around the page from printing,
trim the excess with scissors.
3. Turn the paper over so that the pattern is facing downward, and fold the bottom two corners of the page over onto themselves like a funnel.
4. Tighten the wrap by pulling the right bottom corner further up and around, making sure to keep the funnel-like point at the bottom. Use a small piece of tape looped over itself to secure the corner down.
5. Trim any thorns off the flower stems if necessary, set the flowers inside the wrap and you’re done! I added a gold trim to the top with small pieces of tape for some extra flair! Add whatever type of trim or ribbon you’d like and have fun with it!!
Thanks so much for reading!
Please feel free to leave feedback, it's totally welcome!